Friday, November 14, 2008

Adventures Avec Camera



From the first time I hefted my camera I knew I had found something special. I had found what all those people kept talking about; a partner, a companion, a confidant. Is it true love? Our relationship is still very young. Its been a whirlwind romance, a near story-book love affair. But, like all relationships, its had its ups and downs.

Recently I decided to inject a little spice into our time together. Since we have an open relationship, we invited my tripod to join us for some debaucherous fun; an early morning romp in the hay. First we climbed through a hole in a fence onto a rock outcropping directly over Interstate 290 and got busy as the sun rose over the highway. Though it was pleasurable (I know how to show a date a good time) we weren't completely sated. I mentioned a spot I knew where we could get into some trouble and we all agreed to give it a go. My camera and I had already been to the place I had in mind, an area of abandoned buildings, train tracks, and random junk strewn across the landscape. When we got there my camera started to get a little bored, so she dared tripod and I to jump a barb wire fence leading into some decripit old factory. In an attempt to keep her happy I jumped at the challenge and me, my camera, and my reluctant tripod clambored over the fence and went inside.

Needless to say that morning was unforgettable. I saw my camera and my tripod do things that I had only ever dreamed of. The light, the atmosphere, the rust (so much rust) combined to create a potent aphrodisiac that gave us stamina for hours and hours. After we finished and toweled off we all vowed to return again and again. Later that night I turned to my camera and, mustering all my courage, managed to whisper those eternal words: "I love you". She was asleep so I don't think she heard me but I could swear I saw a quick blink and maybe, just maybe, the faintest smile.

For better or worse I gave my parents my blog address. My mother insisted the content was too dark. I agreed entirely. Though it isn't easy for me to write about my private love life I felt that my blog should posess this emotional facet.

No comments: