Thursday, October 30, 2008

Manifest Destiny


I followed my easily excitable roommate to an industrial wasteland; remnants of Worcester's bright past and a reminder of its dismal future.  We exited the car and inhaled deeply of the toxic fumes.  I thought to myself "I could settle down here, make a home, start a family".  Turns out some jackasses had beat me to it.  We found one such abode inside the columns pictured here.  We went inside, toured the luxurious living room and snapped some pictures.  As we left I tacked an eviction notice to the peeling concrete determined to come back and seize what should be rightfully mine.  Out there, amongst the twisted metal and voluminous debris I could work the land; really find myself.  Either way my photo shoot was fruitful but yielded few usable shots so I will be back and those jackasses better watch out.  I will climb to the top of the tower and decree "I have come to make art and conquest, and not necessarily in that order".

3 comments:

pitchertaker said...

Oh, pray, tell me more. Populate the place with pixels.

P'taker

Beckie Moses said...

You have to go back! I want to see inside!

Nicole Rejwan said...

I love reading your blog, I would love to read more. You're a great writer. Looking forward to this weeks post!