Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tetnus- A Metaphor for Life

Last year, I used to sleep on the couch every night. In fact I still do, but not as often. Though I have a luxurious bed, padded with sumptuous egg-crate and adorned with calming whale themed sheets, I was having sleepless nights on it. My couch is a half-foot too short, covered in grime, and itchy. Itchy as balls. But it was the only place I could sleep. Some people say I have an aversion to comfort and the more I consider it the more it makes sense. I think that my attraction to rusty objects is, like the couch, proof of my condition. I'm still trying to work with the color here and the shadows are a bit drastic but it is the tangle of decrepit metal that piques my interest. Maybe tonight I'll sleep in a junkyard.

1 comment:

Beckie Moses said...

i like this. if you bring up the shadows a bit so we can see more detail in those spots i think it'd be a very complete image :)